International Trade Law Postgraduate Diploma/LLM
COURSE INFORMATION (2014 ENTRY)
1 year full-timeBusiness and Law
Law and NBS Building, City Campus East
Northumbria has an enviable reputation for its practical, innovative LLM programmes, which are accessible to a wide range of professionals.
For detailed information about the LLM in International Trade Law click here. Read on for basic course information.
In a world of increasingly sophisticated and rapidly changing trading markets which are becoming more international in nature, organisations need well-educated, competent staff. This postgraduate programme provides students with an in-depth understanding of the legal issues involved with international trade and will provide students with a reputable qualification in this exciting area of study. This full-time programme commences in September each year, taking one year to complete.
Students on the programme gain specialist legal knowledge within a practical context, whilst developing expertise in chosen areas and enhancing research skills. The programme will be of interest to legal practitioners, to those in business and to those people in the public sector who encounter various aspects of International Trade Law.
The programme builds upon participants’ experience - whether gained through undergraduate study, employment or legal practice - and in addition to developing existing expertise and knowledge, the programme offers a range of practical benefits including:
- Greater awareness of legal commercial issues
- The ability to apply specialist legal knowledge to practical problems
- The acquisition of expertise in new specialist areas
- The ability to critically evaluate legal issues
- Enhanced research and presentation skills
In addition to three compulsory modules, this LLM provides the opportunity for students to study three options related to various aspects of international commercial activity. In order to obtain a Masters degree (LLM), students must complete an additional research project of between 15,000 and 17,000 words in an area of their choice, enabling them to explore a topic of particular interest to them in greater detail.
People who looked at this course also looked at:
- International Commercial Law LLM Full Time
- Accounting and Finance BA (Hons) Full Time
- International Trade Law Postgraduate Diploma/LLM Distance Learning
- Graduate Diploma in Law / Common Professional Examination GDL/CPE Graduate Diploma Full Time
- International Commercial Law Postgraduate Diploma/LLM Distance Learning
Northumbria University has taken reasonable care to ensure that the information published is accurate at the time of publication. However, the University gives no warranty or representation as to the quality, accuracy or completeness of the information.