Post Compulsory Education and Training Professional Graduate Certificate of Education
Entry is via:
- a first degree,
- regular access to a group of learners
- the appropriate qualification in your subject area, i.e. literacy, at a minimum of Level 3
- having access to 75hours reflective teaching practice for each year of the programme
- the ability to fulfil the academic requirements for the programme, which includes being able to communicate clearly and grammatically in spoken and written English
- the ability to demonstrate the appropriate levels of numeracy and ICT.
- The ability to pass the Entry test to demonstrate your personal literacy skills at L3.
- International/English Language Requirements:
International applicants are required to have one of the following English language qualifications with grades as shown below.
- A British Council International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.5 (or above) with a minimum score in each component of Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking of 5.5
- Pearson Academic score of 62 (or above) with a minimum score in each component of Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking of 51
- Or a Test of English as a Foreign Language - Internet Based Test) (TOEFL IBT) score of 89 (or above) with a minimum score in each component of Reading 18, Writing 17, Listening 17 and Speaking 20.
The University also accepts many other English language qualifications and if you have any questions about our English Language requirements please contact the International Admissions Office and we will be glad to assist you.
Northumbria University has taken reasonable care to ensure that the information published is accurate at the time of publication. However, the University gives no warranty or representation as to the quality, accuracy or completeness of the information.