Practice Development (Community) District Nursing BSc (Hons)
COURSE INFORMATION (2013 ENTRY)
1 year full-time (32 weeks)Health and Life Sciences
Coach Lane Campus
The main aim of this programme is to develop Community Nurse Specialist Practitioners District Nursing/ Home Nursing who are able to take a lead role in the organisation, management, implementation and evaluation of health care delivery. Alongside this they must be able to respond flexibly to the changing policy agenda and service priorities. This is particularly crucial in supporting vulnerable services users to reduce hospital admissions. The programme is designed to equip students with relevant academic and practical knowledge and skills to work effectively as a Community Nurse Specialist Practitioner District Nursing/Home Nursing.
- Critically analyse the public health needs of specific client groups and their families within the context of a changing health care provision;
- Assess, plan, monitor and evaluate evidence based holistic health care within the specialist area;
- Develop and use flexible and critical approaches to practice within the context of national and local policies;
- Work effectively as a member of a multi-disciplinary or inter-professional team, taking a leadership role where appropriate;
- Formulate strategies to develop their own life long learning and the practice of others;
- Facilitate, initiate, manage and evaluate change within the speciality to improve access to the service and the quality of care.
The placement will be within the locality of the employing Trust and where possible students are placed as near as possible to their place of residence.
LEARNING AND TEACHING METHODSA variety of assessment strategies are used to assess competence in theory and practice.
FUNDINGStrategic Health Authority
People who looked at this course also looked at:
- Nursing Professional Doctorate Part Time
- Nursing Science BSc (Hons) Full Time
- Mechanical Engineering (Extended Degree Programme) BEng (Hons) Full Time
- Applied Computing BSc (Hons) Full Time
- Film and Television Studies BA (Hons) Full Time
- Business with Logistics and Supply Chain Management BA (Hons) Full Time
- Computer and Network Technology (Extended Degree Programme) BSc (Hons) Full Time
Northumbria University has taken reasonable care to ensure that the information published is accurate at the time of publication. However, the University gives no warranty or representation as to the quality, accuracy or completeness of the information.