English Language Studies BA (Hons)
Five GCSEs at grade C or above including English Language and Mathematics.
Plus one of the following:
- GCE and VCE Advanced Level:
320 UCAS Tariff points including 100 points from GCE A level English.
- Scottish Highers:
BBBBB at Higher level including English, BBB from Advanced Higher including English.
- Irish Highers:
AABBB at Higher level including English.
- Advanced Diploma:
Grade C in the Progression Diploma, plus 120 UCAS Tariff points from GCE A level English.
- IB Diploma:
27 points including grade 5 in English at Higher level.
- HEFC Access:
Three Distinctions including English, and three Merits, plus Toolbox.
- Other QAA-recognised access programme:
Full Access Award including a substantial amount of English at Level 3. Units should be achieved at Distinction and Merit grades.
Access course students without GCSEs are not required to take these qualifications in addition to their Access Award, but must ensure that any required subjects are fully met within their Access course.
- Return to Learning:
We welcome applications from mature students and will consider, on an individual basis, those who do not meet traditional entry criteria but have an appropriate level of relevant experience. We are supportive of the University’s Access to HE course, the HEFC, which provides an excellent basis for preparing adult students for entry into Higher Education.
More details are available from the Return to Learning Service:
Tel 0191 227 4323
- International/English Language Requirements:
International applicants are required to have one of the following English language qualifications with grades as shown below.
- A British Council International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.0 (or above) with a minimum score in each component of Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking of 5.5
- Pearson Academic score of 54 (or above) with a minimum score in each component of Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking of 51
- Or a Test of English as a Foreign Language - Internet Based Test) (TOEFL IBT) score of 79 (or above) with a minimum score in each component of Reading 18, Writing 17, Listening 17 and Speaking 20.
The University also accepts many other English language qualifications and if you have any questions about our English Language requirements please contact the International Admissions Office and we will be glad to assist you.
People who looked at this course also looked at:
- English and Creative Writing BA (Hons) Full Time
- English and Study Skills Foundations (ESF) Full Time
- English Language and Literature BA (Hons) Full Time
- Early Primary Education BA (Hons) Full Time
- Journalism BA (Hons) Full Time
- Human Biosciences BSc (Hons) Full Time
- Psychology BSc (Hons) Full Time
- Psychology with Criminology BSc (Hons) Full Time
Northumbria University has taken reasonable care to ensure that the information published is accurate at the time of publication. However, the University gives no warranty or representation as to the quality, accuracy or completeness of the information.