MSc Building Design Management and BIM
The North East of England's position as the UK's BIM capital makes Northumbria University the ideal institution for the development of a postgaduate programme which integrates Building Design Management with Building Information Modelling.
As a result of Northumbria University's ever-growing body of innovative research in the field, coupled with the BIM Academy’s strong connections with industry, The School of the Built and Natural Environment is set to offer MSc Building Design Management and BIM from September 2012.
This programme is unique in that it is responding directly to industry demand and provides students not only with knowledge on BIM software, but also how this can be implemented into day to day projects that they are woking on in industry.
Aims of the programme
- To provide a better understanding of the future of construction and how the industry will develop in a BIM enabled future
- To provide an understanding of the complexity of working in interdisciplinary teams and managing collaborative design and production
- To allow students to develop new skills which will enhance their ability to plan and execute design for construction, producing more efficient, sustainable and buildable projects
- To allow construction industry professionals to enhance their existing skills in order to improve project delivery through the use of Building Information Modelling and Management.
- To foster leadership, decision making, strategic thinking and communication
Who can study this programme?
- Those wishing to increase their knowledge and understanding of managing the design process and design teams
- Construction professionals seeking to upskill in the areas of Building Information Modelling and Management
- Students coming from a design or construction background - in particular (but not exclusively); Architectural Technologists seeking to increase their knowledge, and in turn their influence on the design process and Construction and Project Managers wishing to increase their knowledge in, or move in to the field of design management.
Why Northumbria University?
- Northumbria University is the home of the BIM Academy
- Located in the North East of England - a BIM 'hot spot'
- Excellent links with industry partners who see a need for this type of programme
- Flexible and forward thinking approach to industry and academia
- An internationally renowned research focus in this area
- Direct links between staff research areas and the course content
- Backing from the CIOB and CIAT
- Based in the multi-disciplinary School for the Built and Natural Environment, allowing opportunities for collaborative working
- A track record of graduate recruitment internationally to manage BIM projects
For further information including an online application form please select one of the links below:
MSc Building Design Management and BIM - Full-time September start
MSc Building Design Management and BIM - Full-time January start
MSc Building Design Management and BIM - Part-time September start
MSc Building Design Management and BIM - Part-time January start
Postgraduate Certificate Building Design Management and BIM - Full-time January start
Postgraduate Certificate Building Design Management and BIM - Part-time January start
To find out more about the MSc Building Design Management and BIM, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org