Prospective Postgraduate Students
Why study Computing Engineering & Information Sciences?
- A major commitment to research with one of the largest groups of PhD students in the university.
- One of the largest intakes of students onto Postgraduate taught courses
- Strong links with industry to ensure that both our courses and research are current and relevant
- A wide range of taught courses covering our subjects areas: Computing, Engineering, Information Sciences
- Award-winning IT provision and 24/7 access to our nationally recognised library facilities
- “Excellent” research (2008 Research Assessment Exercise). In General Engineering: 5% of the work submitted was rated “world leading”, 45% “internationally excellent”; 35% “quality that is recognised internationally” and the remaining 15% “quality that is recognised nationally”
Why study at Northumbria University?
- A location in the centre of Newcastle - a vibrant, student-focussed city, voted the UK's top place to be a student by accommodationforstudents.com. Just five minutes walk from all of the city’s shops, bars, restaurants and cultural venues but within half an hour’s drive from stunning coastlines and countryside
- Excellent accommodation - see our Accommodation Brochure (PDF)
- £30 million investment in a state-of-the-art sports centre, delivering top level sport with more than 30 sporting clubs for all levels.
- NUS HE Students’ Union of the Year 2011 - delivering outstanding live music and theatre venues, as well as plenty of social, recreational, meeting and IT space.
To request a postgraduate prospectus please visit here.