BA (Hons) Leadership and Management
- CertHE Leadership and Management (Stage 1)
- DipHE Leadership and Management (Stage 2)
- BA (Hons) Leadership and Management (Stage 3)
Are you looking for a programme that will equip you with the necessary skills and knowledge for a career in business and management and take into account your existing training within the British Army?
The BA (Hons) Leadership and Management by Part Time/Distance Learning is an innovative undergraduate work based degree programme delivered over three and a half years, which provides an excellent learning platform for aspiring or existing leaders and managers. The programme can be studied either part time at Newcastle Business School (3 hours a week during semester time) or online/CD by distance learning.
The programme is delivered over three stages with entry points depending upon your existing learning and experience.
Stage 1 Cert HE in Leadership and Management
- Communication and IT Skills
- Business Functions
- Managing in Organisations
- Personal and Study Skills Development
- Financial Information
- Work Based Project
Stage 2 Dip HE in Leadership and Management
- Managing Self and Professional Skills
- Achieving Results and Facilitating Change
- Managing and Developing Others
- Management in Practice (Work Based Project)
Stage 3 BA (Hons) Leadership and Management
- Understanding Strategy
- Leading Innovation and Change
- Professional Project
You will develop the skills and competence in key areas of business and management and assessment for modules will be by means of work based reports or similar.
All modules encourage reflection on existing work based practice and identification of self or work based service improvement. All assessment is designed to encourage improved practice in the workplace whilst also preparing for future studies at postgraduate and professional level.
Teaching and Learning
With a choice of study content within a structured framework, the programme uses a combination of teaching and learning materials and techniques, including:
- Self study materials, providing knowledge and understanding, which also helps learners apply ideas to the workplace
- Work based assignments that give learners an opportunity to develop and demonstrate their knowledge and understanding and provide evidence of competence
- Personal and organisational development plans which focus on issues of specific interest to the learner and their organisation
- Workshops and tutorials where participants are invited to share insights and management experience. Distance learning students have similar opportunities through online activities and discussion forums.
Typically if you have completed the JCNO or PCNO training programme you would be eligible to join stage one of the programme. You will also receive credit for the work you have completed as part of this training.
If you have completed SNCO or WO training you would typically be eligible to join direct into stage two of the programme. Again credit would be awarded for your SNCO and WO training.
Anyone wishing to be considered for this work based programme are encouraged to email the programme team for details on eligibility. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com