Unlike some of our competitors, our multidisciplinary course combines the three schools from one university. We believe this gives our course an added sense of focus and energy which is more difficult when different elements are split between different institutions and/or campuses.
About the Schools
Here are just a few reasons why each school has the reputation of being a leader in its field.
Newcastle Business School
- Since 1989, an estimated 20,000 students have graduated from Newcastle Business School and gone on to work in companies all over the world
- The largest UK provider of business and management education in Hong Kong
- We have established links with business schools and organisations all over the world
- We have successfully created bespoke programmes for our corporate clients that include Procter and Gamble, Nexus, Northumbrian Water plc, eaga plc, several NHS trusts , Severstal Steel (Russia) and UEM Malaysia
- CEIS is home to approximately 3,000 students, with more than 780 studying at postgraduate level and over 80 active PhD students
- We have an outstanding employment record with 93% of students in work or education six months after graduating
- The 2008 RAE ranked 50% of our research as world leading or internationally excellent
- We have an international research reputation in areas such as Microwave Imaging for medical applications, Photovoltaics, Advanced Materials and Records Management
- Home to around 1,600 students, our award winning students regularly win top prizes in national and international competitions. In 2011 alone we won a total of 56 prizes and accolades
- We have an enviable industry network. Through projects and placements, our students work with some of the best including, Nokia, Philips, Mars, Unilever, Nike, Adidas, the BBC, Top Shop, Hasbro and Lego
- The RAE, a UK government review that evaluates research quality in Higher Education, some of our research was rated as World Class, with a high proportion being recognised internationally and nationally
- We have a great employment record and our graduates go on to work for household names. Our alumni include Jonathan Ive, the Principal Designer of the iPod, iPhone and iPad, Warren Trezevant, Animator and Creative Lead for dimensional animation at Pixar and Simon Butterworth, Director of Design for Ford