Careers & Employment
Key Tips for First Years
- We can help you find a job while you study, go to the Jobs & Work section, and sign up to JobsOnline to set up email alerts of part-time job vacancies.
- We can help you find work experience through volunteering, develop employability skills and put together a CV which demonstrates your abilities.
Key Tips for Final Years
- Get your job search started, sign up to JobsOnline and set up email alerts for jobs in areas that interest you.
- Be aware of early closing dates, many of the larger companies who have graduate management training schemes start their recruitment early. If you don't want to miss out call into the Careers Centre in October and pick up an employer directory.
- Employers want to meet you, through presentations, fairs and drop-ins. We have our Law Business and Finance Fair taking place in November which is open to all students and includes a wide range of graduate jobs. We run a wide range of employer visits, and all these and fairs are online at Careers Events.
- If you are signed up to the Careers section on the e-Learning portal you will receive regular emails keeping you posted of new resources, employer visits and careers events.
- You can also follow us on Twitter, and like our Facebook page at NUCareers.
Careers Centre, Ground floor Northumberland Building, City Campus west
Tel: 0191 227 4204, Email: email@example.com
Careers Centre Opening Times
Term Time: Monday - Thursday 9.00am - 5.00pm, Friday: 9.00am - 4.30pm
Vacation Time: Monday - Friday 9.00am - 4.30pm, closed for lunch 12.00 - 1.00pm
Careers Adviser Drop-In sessions (no appointment needed)
Term Time: Monday - Friday 10.00- 4.00pm
Vacation Time: Monday - Friday 1.00-4.00pm
AGCAS Award for Excellence in Innovation Winner 2011
AGCAS Award for Excellence in Employability Winner 2011