Approvals and Frameworks (Taught Programmes)
NB For programmes delivered in collaboration with a partner, please follow the link to Collaborative Ventures from the left panel; for Postgraduate Research awards, please go to Graduate School web page
- For Northumbria's Frameworks for taught awards, including the Modular Framework for Northumbria Awards, APL, work-based learning etc, please select Frameworks for Northumbria Awards link from left panel.
- For procedures for individual learners, student exchanges etc, please select Flexible Learning link from left panel
The Programme Approvals Handbook (word doc) for Northumbria taught awards includes procedures and guidelines on the approval of new programmes and modules, and revisions to existing programmes and modules. Guidance on the costing of academic programmes and guidelines on consultation with students on programme and regulatory changes are available in the following word documents:
Please follow links from left panel for more detailed information and supporting documentation required for the approvals process:
- Frameworks for Northumbria Awards
- Forms and Templates for the Approval Process
- Programme Specifications Guidelines and Templates
- Programme Approval and Revision - Administrators' Guidelines and Forms
For specific guidelines for approval of distance learning modules and / or programmes, please follow the link in the right hand panel. If you would like further advice, then contact
Guidelines on content for programmes and modules are provided on the Student Handbooks web page.