The Payment Team provide guidance and advice to both staff and suppliers on the correct process to be followed to ensure timely and efficient payment of all invoices received in relation to goods, works and services provided to the University. Responsibilities and duties include:
- Prompt payment of all sums owed by the University other than payroll items, including access fund and emergency loan payments to students
- Support Principal Budget Holders in Faculty and Services to ensure costs are correctly allocated to their accounts
- Ensure compliance with the Financial Regulations of the University and management of infringements
- Management of automated accounts payable solution
- Electronic workflow of Purchase Card statements
- Foreign Payments
- Compliance with all current VAT and tax legislation including self employment/employment issues
- Maintenance of cheque register including cancellation, replacement and stopping of issued cheques
- Monitoring of accounts payable systems for fraudulent activity
- To provide advice, guidance and training as appropriate
- Undertake adhoc projects aimed towards increasing process efficiencies
- Preparation of month/year end financial data relating to payments
- Proactively engage with suppliers to ensure maximum efficiencies are gained for the University via a streamlined and effective payments system.
- Engage with University auditors to ensure payments procedures are robust, transparent and fit for purpose.
For further information please contact the team on 0191 227 4093