Library Resources Spotlight
Resources acquired by your library...
Take a look at these e-resources.
They're either new subscriptions - recently made available to University staff and students or resources which deserve a spotlight.
VOGUE Archive - (newly acquired April 2012)
The Vogue Archive contains the entire run of Vogue magazine (US edition), from the first issue in 1892 to the current month, reproduced in high-resolution colour page images. Every page, advertisement, cover and fold-out has been included, with rich indexing enabling you to find images by garment type, designer and brand names. The Vogue Archive preserves the work of the world's greatest fashion designers, stylists and photographers and is a unique record of American and international fashion, culture and society from the dawn of the modern era to the present day.
Access this resource via the NORA A-Z list of Databases, the Design Resources page, or the Arts Resources page.
IEEE Explore Digital Library
On 1 April 2012 IEEE will release the new IEEE Business Platform, a suite of applications powered by a new services-oriented architecture which includes key enhancements to IEEE Xplore, Member Join and Renewal, and the individual account profile management.
While many new features will be added to IEEE Xplore with this release, there are two important items to note:
1. IEEE Account (personal account) user name change: After the launch, individuals signing in with an IEEE Account user name (the personal account user name which is used to set individual preferences) will be prompted to change their current user name to their e-mail address. Institutional user names and access are not affected and will remain the same.
2. Saved Searches and Search History will be deleted: All current saved searches and search history records will be DELETED with this release. We encourage all users to copy and paste their saved searches into a document so they can recreate the search after launch. IEEE has communicated to all saved search alert holders about this change. Table of Contents alerts are not affected and will remain active.
New features incorporated into IEEE Xplore with this release include:
- Enhanced and more streamlined abstract page
- Enhanced browsing by title with the inclusion of refinements
- More prominent institutional branding
- New placement of sign-in links for personal accounts and institutional accounts
- New and improved IEEE personal account registration process
- New citation diagram
Learn more about the new features: www.ieee.org/newieeexplore
Did you know that we now have access to the Royal Mail Film Classics collection - as part of the JISC MediaHub. Available on NORA.
The collection includes world-famous documentaries such as 'Night Mail' and cinematic experiments such as 'Colour Box'. The GPO Film Unit , which opened in the 1930's, showcased an array of artistic talent and provided a training ground for bright new British documentary film-makers. There are over 60 titles in this one collection. The Amber Films Collection is also in this resource.
Read more about the Royal Mail Film Classics collection at http://jiscmediahub.ac.uk/about/inside and also on the blog at http://mediahub.blogs.edina.ac.uk/collections/royal-mail-film-classics/.
A series of themed postings kicks off with this one - inspired by the film War Horse
Click here to view the site now
DesignInform / Design Abstracts Retrospective (DAR)
This resource has moved to a new platform and is now being developed daily. The site includes: Design Abstracts Retrospective (DAR)- a retrospective journal abstracting and indexing service; Design ProFILES (DP) - biographical dictionary of modern designers, craftspeople, artists and architects; ReVIEW Full-text - nineteenth and early twentieth century art journals.
No login required on campus. Off campus access is via Desktop Anywhere only.
Access this resource via NORA A-Z list of Databases or the Library Catalogue
IEEE Wiley E-Books
A collection of over 400 technical titles spanning Bioengineering, Power & Energy and Communication technologies and other growing areas of research.
No login required on campus. Off campus use University username and password
Access this resource via NORA A-Z list of Databases, E-Books Collection or the Library Catalogue
Date posted: February 10, 2012