City Campus Library has a small number of lockers on the ground floor beside the Customer Support service point.
These are available free of charge to Northumbria students and staff who need somewhere to leave their belongings whilst using the Library.
Lockers can be loaned for up to 4 hours.
How to Obtain a Locker
- Locker keys are available from the Customer Support desk during core opening hours and from the Welcome Desk during self service hours.
- You will need your University smartcard to obtain a locker key.
- Only 1 key and 1 locker will be allocated per person.
Using Your Locker
- Lockers are for temporary storage of personal items whilst you are using the Library.
- Please do not leave perishable or valuable items in them.
- No Library materials should be stored in them.
- You are responsible for both the key and the contents of the locker.
- Northumbria University cannot be held responsible for any items that go missing or are damaged.
- Lockers will be checked and cleared daily.
Returning Your Locker Key
- Your locker key should be returned to the Customer Support service point during core opening hours or, to the Welcome Desk during self service hours
- Please be aware that fines will be charged on the late return of keys. Fines are charged on an hourly basis – 50p per hour or part thereof.
Lost, Stolen or Non-Returned Keys
- The Library should be informed immediately if a key is lost or stolen.
- A £20 charge is made for all non returned keys. In addition fines will also be charged at the rate of 50p per hour, or part there of, until the key is returned or a replacement is paid for.