Any application is a sales tool, you are promoting your skills in the hope they will match what the employer is looking for.
- Learn how to sell your skills to potential employers - Prospects web
- 'How to analyse and promote your skills for work', Careers Group, Call into the Careers centre to look at this really useful guide.
- Tips on how to stand out from the crowd, Get the X Factor.(Real World Magazine)
- Get an insight into how to identify the skills you have acquired. (GET web)
- How to make the most of your experience, Empty CV Syndrome. (Prospects web)
- 'How to get the best graduate job', available in the Careers Centre.
- Guardian University Guide 2008 - provides in depth detail of skills gained in a range of subjects. Select the degree area relevant to you and at the bottom of the page you can click on a PDF of the full range of skills you can develop on that course.