We are a leading centre for energising creative practice and academic study. By working in partnership with a broad range of stakeholders, we seek to nurture ‘home-grown’ talent and, through meaningful engagement, business innovation, and knowledge creation at the highest level, support and grow the economic, social, cultural and intellectual capital of the region and beyond.
Cultural: The ‘cultural’ partnership approach is at the heart of what Northumbria University does. Our strategic partnerships with BALTIC Centre for contemporary Art, BxNU, Great North Run Culture, LIVE Theatre, New Writing North, Tyne and Wear Archives and Museums and Tyneside Cinema are exemplars of that approach creating a thriving, stimulating community of artists, practitioners, students and staff who collaborate with experts in fields of science, the environment and health & medicine to generate new ways of thinking and creative practice.
Realising creative potential and creating capacity, to challenge and question permeates all of our activity and is manifest in the way we support clients, partners, and industry in the co-creation and problem solving so that we:
- Ensure research is informed and inspired by the needs of the economy – disseminating and communicating directly to our partners, business and sectors.
- Transform by providing an intellectual challenge in co-leading the development of the disciplines by working at the forefront of practice, teaching and researching.
- Create New Value through Business and Social Innovation - through a deeper understanding and an integration of socio-cultural and people knowledge (Insight), ethical modes of business practice, new and emerging technologies and of design itself, to drive Innovation across both the Commercial and Social agendas.
- Enable Personal Growth ensuring our students become, over their developing careers, leaders within their chosen field.
- Support and expand our start-up business through our Residency and Graduate Start-up Schemes.
If you would like to discuss business development working opportunities with the Department please contact our Business Development Manager Suzanne on the details below.
0191 243 7699
Mobile: +44 (0) 7792 218580