The 13th International Cognitive Linguistics Conference (ICLC-13) is being held 20-25 July 2015 in Northumbria University, Newcastle, England. ICLC is the biennial conference of the International Cognitive Linguistics Association.
The special theme of this edition of the International Cognitive Linguistics Conference is “bringing together theory and method”. This reflects one of the main outcomes of ICLC-12, Alberta: that the future of cognitive linguistics lies in the successful union of a robust empirical approach with sound theory.
Confirmed plenary speakers are:
- Adele Goldberg (Princeton University)
- Martin Haspelmath (Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology)
- Mirjam Fried (Charles University in Prague)
- Hans-Jörg Schmid (Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich)
- Ronald Langacker (University of California, San Diego)
- Gabriella Vigliocco (University College London)
Registration to ICLC13 is now open and can be accessed here.
Abstract submission becomes available on EasyAbs: 1 August 2014
Deadline for theme session proposals: 15 September 2014
Extended deadline for abstract submission: 10 November 2014
Notification of acceptance (extended): 9 February 2015
Dates of conference: 20-25 July 2015
Follow us on Facebook: facebook.com/TheICLC13
Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/iclc13