Quality & Student Learning
The Quality & Student Learning Team provides support for the Faculties in the development, approval, delivery, enhancement and review of academic programmes. The Team also support the University’s academic governance for learning and teaching.
Frameworks, Approvals, Delivery, Enhancement and Review:
- Advising and supporting programme design and approval process.
- Supporting annual and periodic review and developing our processes.
- Supporting QAA Audits and other external reviews including student surveys.
- Supporting the development of our academic frameworks, our processes for programme and module approval and revision.
- Updating and advising on University assessment regulations and procedures including Exam Board support and external examiner appointments.
Educational Partnerships including Transnational Education (TNE):
- Developing and implementing procedures for Educational Partnerships & Transnational Education programmes and frameworks including articulation agreements, partner institution review, foundation degrees and corporate & community collaboration.
- Advising on and supporting approval processes for Education Provision with Others and Transnational Education.
Governance for Learning and Teaching:
Quality & Student Learning supports Academic Board, Student Learning and Experience Committee (SLE) and its sub-committees.
Full details of all committees and committee administration principles and guidance (based on University Governance Regulation and Guidance) can be found here. (Northumbria staff only)
Learning & Teaching Projects:
Full details of Learning & Teaching Projects can be found here
Northumbria University have the QAA Quality Mark.
Click here to read this institution's latest review report