desktop ANYWHERE is an older service which IT Services have now begun to decommission and replace with Simply Web.
Links to this former service are being removed but if you still need to login to desktop ANYWHERE, click this link: https://dta.northumbria.ac.uk
Remote Access to IT Facilities
The Simply Web service offers high performance access to Northumbria IT facilities via a wide range of devices which have a connection to the internet, including smartphones, tablets, iPads, iPhones, laptops and home computers.
To make the connection you will need to download the latest Citrix Receiver. This is a small piece of software which takes very little time to install. Simply Web gives you access to:
- The Student Desktop or Staff Desktop
- Your files on the U Drive
- Standard Desktop Applications
- Electronic Information Sources
- In most cases, access to local resources whilst using Student or Staff desktop e.g. Drives, Printers
How to get connected to Simply Web:
On your home computer, laptop or mobile device: