Postgraduate Taught courses starting in September 2017* - Apply now for a Vice-Chancellor Scholarship worth £2,750.
Northumbria University has launched the latest Vice-Chancellor Scholarship Scheme now available to UK & EU students starting a Northumbria postgraduate taught course in September 2017.
If you are interested in studying a course in Business, Law, Computing, Health, Engineering, Environment, Project Management, Psychology, Sport, Science, Social Sciences or Humanities, you may be eligible to receive one of the scholarships available, on selected full-time on campus Masters courses starting in September 2017.
To apply please complete and submit a short application form by March 19th 2017. You must apply and accept an offer for one of our selected full-time courses to be eligible for the scheme.
You may also be eligible for the 2016 Government’s Masters loan of up to £10,000 to support postgraduate study this September.
*This scholarship is available to UK & EU students only, who are studying on an eligible postgraduate taught course. Course eligibility can be found below.
Eligible Full-time Masters Courses for September 2017 Entry
- Accounting and Financial Management
- International Financial Management
- International Finance and Investment
- Health Psychology MSc
- Psychology MSc
- Occupational & Organisational Psychology MSc
- Clinical Exercise Physiology MSc
- Sport and Exercise Psychology MSc
- Strength and Conditioning MSc
- International Sport Management MSc
- Microbiology MSc
- Nutritional Science MSc
- Future Cities MSc
- Real Estate MSc
- Engineering Management MSc
- Renewable & Sustainable Energy Technologies MSc
- Electrical Power Engineering MSc
- Safety, Health & Environmental Management MSc
- Disaster Management & Sustainable Development MSc
- Construction Project Management with BIM MSc
- Project Management MSc
- Computing & Information Technology MSc
- Creative Writing MA
- English Literature MA
- History MA
- Animation MA
- Master of Fine Art (MFA)
- Theatre & Performance MA
- Conservation of Fine Art MA
- Mass Communication Management MSc
- Design MA
- Multidisciplinary Innovation MA/Msc
- Criminology and Criminal Justice MA
- International Development MSc
- Entrepreneurship MSc
- International Financial Management MSc
- Business with... [click here for a full list of eligible business courses]
- Digital Marketing MSc
- Global Logistics, Operations & Supply Chain Management MSc
- International Business Management MSc
- Bar Practice LLM
- Bar Practice Training Course (BPTC)
- International Commercial Law LLM
- International Trade Law LLM
Terms, Conditions & Eligibility for September 2017 Entry
All applications will be considered by a selection panel. Applications for the scheme close on March 19th, any applications submitted after this date will not be considered. Scholarships will only be awarded where an applicant has accepted their Masters offer.
Terms & Conditions:
- All students selected for a Vice-Chancellor's scholarship will no longer be eligible for other PG discounts (i.e. Alumni discount and Academic scholarships).
- Students will receive up to a £2,750 discount on full-time on campus course tuition fees (excluding London campus courses). The reduction to the PGT fees will be made following enrollment.
- Students are still able to apply, and may be eligible for the Government Loan and other sources of finance to support PGT study. For more detail visit www.northumbria.ac.uk/feesandscholarships
- If awarded it is expected that the offer holder accepts the scholarship within 30 days from the date that the offer was issued.
- Please be aware the University's decision is final and cannot be challenged; there is no right of appeal.
To be eligible to apply for the scheme:
- You are a UK or EU applicant who has achieved a first-class or 2:1 honours degree or equivalent, from any UK higher education institution or EU higher education instituition. Click here for a list of EU equivalent qualifications.
- You must apply for an eligible Masters course (see which courses apply here) and be in receipt of an offer from Northumbria University.
- You must meet all the individual course entrance requirements.
- Scholarships only apply to courses studied full-time on campus starting in September 2017 (excluding London campus courses). Funding is only provided in the first year of study, if the course duration is longer than one year.
- Scholarships do not apply to students studying programmes funded by the TDA and NHS or whose fees are paid or part-paid through a sponsorship arrangement i.e. employer funded and/or other charity funded scholarships.
- There is a competitive selection process for this scholarship scheme. Applicants need to apply via online written application; a selection panel will consider all eligible applications.
- Applications will be considered on the strength of achievement and previous experience, future ambition and the response you provide to your course set question.
- If you are currently studying for your degree you do not need to wait for your final classification before applying.
- If successful, the award of the scholarship will be made conditional upon you achieving the required degree classification before commencement of the course.
- Successful applicants will be notified once the panel of evaluators has met in April 2017.
- For information on the January 2017 Vice-Chancellor's Scholarship Scheme please click here.(Please note this scheme has now closed.)
- For information on the September 2016 Vice-Chancellor's Scholarship Scheme please click here. (Please note this scheme has now closed.)
Last updated: 09/01/2017