Skip navigation

The Brewin Dolphin Amsterdam Scholarship

Everything you need to know about this scholarship opportunity at Northumbria University for current students applying for the Year in International Business in 2019/20.


20/21 Brewin Dolphin Amsterdam Scholarship

The Brewin Dolphin Amsterdam Scholarship, for all (UK/EU and International) current second year undergraduate students who are applying for the Year in Intentional Business in Amsterdam in 20/21

The world is changing, and at Northumbria we stand with you to help achieve your goals. We’re ready to bring together our inspirational courses, forward-thinking staff and dynamic challenges.

The Brewin Dolphin Amsterdam Scholarship is fantastic opportunity to be awarded £3,000 cash for your study abroad year in Amsterdam to help achieve your goals, and how you spend it is up to you.

If you’re ready to start your study abroad year with Northumbria and Brewin Dolphin, and meet the criteria below, then what are you waiting for?

Apply now and get ready to #TakeOnTomorrow. The closing date for the Brewin Dolphin Amsterdam Scholarship is 16:00 GMT on the 24 April 2020.

Terms and conditions

To be eligible for the Brewin Dolphin Scholarship you must:

  • be a UK/EU or International applicant
  • be a second year current undergraduate Northumbria University student who is not studying at the Newcastle Business School
  • Be on track to achieve a high 2:1 or first class grades in your second year of study (level 5)
  • have applied for and been accepted onto the Year in International Business based at the Amsterdam campus in September 2020
  • be a self-funded student
  • agree to share contact details and bank account details securely with Northumbria University, in order for Northumbria to make payment to you by bank transfer.  Please see Northumbria’s privacy notice for more information

Important information

  • The Brewin Dolphin Scholarship is awarded as cash
  • Payments will be made as 25% of total in November 2020, 25% of total in February 2021 and 50% of total in May 2021
  • Funding is only provided in the single year of the Year in International Business
  • Students who are studying for an Undergraduate degree at the Newcastle Business School are not eligible for the Brewin Dolphin Scholarship
  • If you defer your place on the Year in International Business before the scholarship has been paid, the scholarship offer will be withdrawn
  • If you decide to leave your course after the scholarship payment has been made, the University will not make efforts to reclaim the amount.
  • The University's decision is final and cannot be challenged; there is no right of appeal.

Selection Process

  • There is a competitive selection process for the Brewin Dolphin Scholarship. Applicants need to apply via online written application; a selection panel will consider all eligible applications
  • Applications will be considered on the strength of responses to the question: "In no more than 250 words, how will the Year in International Business and the Brewin Dolphin Scholarship help you to prepare for your future?
  • Successful applicants will be notified once the panel of evaluators has met in Summer 2020.

Last updated: 20/11/19

Latest News and Features

CIS thumbnail
Professor Mike Lim undertaking research in Canada’s Inuit Nunangat. Image credit Weronika Murray
Black-necked spitting cobra
Dr Mark Goddard.
Professor Matthew Johnson has been involved in research which has modelled the impact a Universal Basic Income could have on poverty and inequality.
Northumbria University has launched a new report that sets out its social impact and identifies where it is spreading opportunity to those who need it most.  The Social Mobility Impact Report has been developed in partnership with former Education Secretary Rt Hon Justine Greening.
MFA student Celia Burbush, MFA co-Programme Leader Gavin Butt and Deputy Head of Arts, Steve Gilroy, are pictured outside the new look Gallery North.
Minister for Science, Research and Innovation opens £2m investment in region’s Engineering and Environment students

Back to top