Skip navigation

The Northumbria Undergraduate UK Scholarship 2022/23

The Northumbria Undergraduate UK Scholarship 2022/23

This information is for UK/Home students applying to study at Northumbria University on a Full-Time Undergraduate course in the academic year 2022/23.

At Northumbria, we are passionate about helping you achieve your goals and tackle the challenges of tomorrow head on.  This prestigious scholarship will bring together our inspirational courses, innovative staff and academically gifted students, like yourself, to create a better future and #TakeOnTomorrow.

Successful students will be awarded a £3,500 cash scholarship during the first year of study only.  All eligible self-funded students studying on one of the below Full-Time Undergraduate courses will be considered and will be automatically notified.  40 scholarships will be available across all eligible courses – as a guide we will look to award three per course depending on the number of high achievers.

Terms and conditions

To be eligible for the Northumbria Undergraduate Scholarship you must:

  • Be a UK/Home applicant (Home includes UK students and those eligible to pay home fees)
  • Achieve at least 144 points (or equivalent) from your best three qualifications, for example AAA at A Level or DDD at BTEC
  • Apply and enrol to study on one of the eligible courses* on a Full-Time basis at the Newcastle Upon Tyne campus, starting in September 2022
  • Choose Northumbria as your firm choice by 09 June 2022
  • Meet all individual entry requirements
  • Be a self-funded student (i.e. not sponspored by an employer)
  • Register with Student Finance England (SFE), Student Finance Wales (SFW), Student Finance Northern Ireland (SFNI) or Student Award Agency for Scotland (SAAS).
  • Agree to share consent via your Student Finance Provider with Northumbria University

Important Information

Applicants should also note:

  • Students selected for the Northumbria Undergraduate Scholarship 2022 will not be eligible for any other Undergraduate scholarships
  • The Northumbria Undergraduate Scholarship is awarded as cash
  • Payments will be made as 25% of total in November 2022, 25% of total in February 2023 and 50% of total in May 2023
  • Funding is provided in the first year of study only
  • If you are undertaking a Foundation Year you are not eligible for the Northumbria Undergraduate Scholarship
  • If you are progressing from a Foundation Year studied at Northumbria or another institution, you are not eligible for the Northumbria Undergraduate Scholarship
  • If you defer your place at Northumbria University before the scholarship has been paid, the scholarship offer will be withdrawn
  • If you decide to leave your course after the scholarship payment has been made, the University will not make efforts to reclaim the amount
  • If you are required to resit your first year, the scholarship will not be paid again
  • The University's decision is final and cannot be challenged; there is no right of appeal


Selection Process

  • Eligible students will be notified by Friday 09 September 2022
  • If successful, the award of the scholarship will be made conditional upon you achieving the required grade threshold (at least 144 points or equivalent based on best three qualifications) before commencement of the course
  • If more than three students are eligible per subject area, we will look at the 10 best overall point scores and following this, the successful students will be chosen on the strength of their UCAS personal statement or if applicable, their portfolio
  • Successful students will be notified by Friday 30 September 2022 (subject to change)

Last updated: 26/08/2022

a sign in front of a crowd

Northumbria Open Days

Open Days are a great way for you to get a feel of the University, the city of Newcastle upon Tyne and the course(s) you are interested in.

a person sitting at a table using a laptop
NU World Virtual Tours

Virtual Tour

Get an insight into life at Northumbria at the click of a button! Come and explore our videos and 360 panoramas to immerse yourself in our campuses and get a feel for what it is like studying here using our interactive virtual tour.

Latest News and Features

Graduates Abbie Smith and Frankie Harrison.
Northumbria student Saffron Sinclair being presented her award by Mark Dale, Principle Consultant at Nigel Wright Recruitment.
Henry Kippin
Cally Taylor
Eva Szewczyk grad and career success v2 180624   ES
a black and white x-ray image of painting of the baby Jesus in a crib

Back to top