In April 2017 the way apprenticeships are funded is changing meaning all employers with a payroll of over £3 million will automatically pay an Apprenticeship Levy. Smaller (non-levy paying employers) are able to access government funding of 90% of costs of apprenticeship education. Degree Apprenticeships are a new Government Initiative, bringing together the best of higher and vocational training.
Northumbria was one of the first UK universities to offer government-supported degree apprenticeships. These specialist courses are co-designed with employers to ensure they are providing the skills that industry is looking for. Students enrolled on degree apprenticeships are employed and divide their time between the workplace and flexible university study. While learning, they are also earning and gaining real experience of the job and will graduate with a full bachelors or master’s level degree.
- Develop graduate-level expertise in your organisation and grow/create your pool of highly skilled employees
- Attract fresh talent to your business with an appealing offer of a job and salary from day one, no student tution fees and leading to a full degree qualification
- Benefit from high quality programmes that are co-designed with employers
- Access government funding to provide new or current staff with a recognised and relevant academic qualification
- Develop a strong working relationship with Northumbria University and find out about the many other ways we can help your business, including consultancy, research and development and professional development for your staff
“Our degree based apprenticeship at Northumbria University is great for both HMRC and for our apprentices. We support their development in the work place while they study towards a degree. We give them the opportunity to get technical knowledge and experience while they bring fresh ideas and enthusiasm into our digital centre.” - Simon Robinson, Talent manager, HMRC Digital Delivery Centre Newcastle
“The degree apprenticeship scheme seems to be a win for all of the parties. Our apprentices have increased their knowledge considerably whilst being at Northumbria, and I would have no hesitation in recommending the course.” - John Wiseman, STCS
Digital & Technology Solutions