CLEARING HOTLINE: +44 (0)80 0085 1085
If you're looking for Clearing then you've come to the right place. Northumbria University, Newcastle is happy to talk to you about your application needs at any time, you just need to call us at the number above. Our Clearing 2017 pages will be available from early July so please check back for updates.
The UCAS Clearing Process
Your quick guide to Clearing, what it is and what to do next
Better results than expected? Find out how to change university or course through adjustment
Congratulations! You're coming to Northumbria. Here's what to do next
We ran a live Q&A session on Facebook in July 2016, answering your questions about the clearing process - watch again now.
Foundation Year Study
A Foundation Year could be the stepping stone to earning the degree you want.
Guaranteed university accommodation for those people coming to Northumbria through Clearing.
Got a place through Clearing? Visit us...
Congratulations on securing your place and welcome to Northumbria! If you wish to visit to get a feel for the campus you can drop in during any of the following times;
- Thursday 18 August 10 – 5pm
- Friday 19 August 10 – 4pm
- Saturday 20 August 10 – 2pm (Campus Tours Only)
You will have the opportunity to have a look around the campus, meet with current students and chat with staff from our Student Support & Wellbeing and Accommodation services. There will also be a chance to view and apply for available accommodation.
On arrival on campus head to the reception area in the Business & Law School (CCE1).
What does University Clearing, Confirmation and Adjustment mean?
You've applied to university and got your results - what happens next?
- Check UCAS Track for the status of your place.
- If you have met the conditions of your firm offer – congratulations! You can celebrate – you don’t need to call your university, as they will send you information about how to enrol. This is Confirmation.
- If you have not met the conditions of your firm offer and have not been offered a place, but you have enough points for your insurance choice, you will be accepted for your insurance place. UCAS will let you know and your insurance choice university will tell you how to enrol. This is also Confirmation.
- If you have not met the requirements of your firm or insurance choice institutions, or you have changed your mind about where you want to go or your course, you can enter UCAS Clearing.
- If you have done better than you expected you can confirm your firm choice, or apply to another course or university with your higher points. This is known as Adjustment.
If you have questions about places at Northumbria University, call us on 0800 085 1085.
If you're a parent or guardian, find out what happens on results day so you're ready to help if needed.
We hope these pages help you to prepare for UCAS Clearing and Confirmation 2016.
UCAS Clearing Video Gallery
Watch our short, informative guides to help you through each part of the UCAS Clearing process.
What is University Clearing?
Click the boxes below to continue watching more university Clearing guides: