In a nutshell, once you have applied to universities and are holding your offers, your results will determine what happens next:
- Check UCAS Track for the status of your place.
- If you have met the conditions of your firm offer – congratulations! You will be able to celebrate your place being confirmed – you don’t need to call your institution; they will send you information about how to enrol. This is Confirmation.
- If you have not met the conditions of your firm offer and the institution has not offered you a place, but you have enough points for your insurance choice, you will be accepted for your insurance place and UCAS will inform you of this. Your insurance choice institution will send you enrolment information. This is also Confirmation.
- If you have not met the requirements of your firm or insurance choice institutions, or you have changed your mind about where you want to go or your course, you can enter Clearing.
- If you have done better than you expected then you can confirm your firm choice, or if you like, apply to another course and/or institution with your higher points. This is known as Adjustment.
We're here to help you, so don't worry is our first piece of advice. You can always contact us on +44 (0)191 40 60 901 if you have any other questions, but we hope that these pages will help you to prepare yourself for UCAS Clearing and Confirmation 2015.
If you're a parent or guardian, we also have some advice for you - we know it can be just as nerve-wracking a time for you as for your child!