Architecture and Built Environment at Northumbria University encompasses all of our work in architecture, interior architecture, architectural technology, building surveying, quantity surveying, real estate, and housing.
- Only UK University to have Architecture, Building, and Land and Property Management, all in the Top Ten in the Complete University Guide (CUG) 2015.
- Architecture is ranked number seven in The Sunday Times League Tables, and has had the best student satisfaction rating in the UK four years in a row from 2010-2013 in the National Student Survey (NSS).
- Professional accreditations include the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA), the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), The Chartered Institute of Housing (CIH), and the Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists (CIAT).
- Strong links to industry and excellent employment opportunities, which are significantly above the sector average (DLHE Survey 2014).
- Sectorial Employer Advisory Board including Capita, Mott MacDonald, Ryder Architecture, RIBA and Turner & Townsend.
- A top 30 research department with 50% of our outputs ranked world-leading or internationally excellent according to the latest UK wide research assessment exercise (REF2014, UoA16).
- Ranked 21st in the UK for the reach and significance of our research impact (REF2014, UoA16).
- Home to the Award winning BIM Academy Enterprises (Ltd), a unique joint venture with Ryder Architecture Ltd in Building Information Modelling. Diverse commissions in the UK, Middle East, Far East and Australasia, including the Sydney Opera House.
- Host of the Virtual Newcastle Gateshead (VNG) city model providing visualisation of cityscapes to industry and the community.