Newcastle Business School has a global reputation for delivering some of the best business management education in the UK.
Having recently been awarded Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB international) double accreditation in business and accounting, we are part of an elite group of less than 1% of business schools worldwide. The School is also accredited by EPAS for 18 undergraduate programmes – more than any business school in the UK.
Our size, infrastructure and resources enable us to offer an unprecedented range of research-informed programmes which are designed to deliver the relevant, cutting edge skills that are essential for the business leaders of today and to prepare tomorrow's leaders for a successful future. We offer programmes at every level of business education - undergraduate, postgraduate, post experience and doctoral. We are also at the forefront of technology-enhanced learning to improve the student experience.
As a professional and international School, Newcastle Business School develops individuals to achieve leadership, management and career potential through research-rich, business relevant and academic excellent education. Programmes are developed and delivered by research-engaged academics and highly experienced business practitioners.
Employability of our students is very important to us, as demonstrated by our rank of eleventh out of 103 for graduate level employability in The Times University Guide 2013. This is also enhanced through a strong focus on experiential learning and clinic-based education where students develop relationships with real businesses and gain direct experience in problem solving. We continue to develop this approach through pioneering programmes such as our Entrepreneurial Business Management Degree, where students run their own enterprises. Additionally, our Student Engagement Centre helps and actively encourages students to take up work placement, overseas study and volunteering opportunities.
Newcastle Business School engages actively with the local community and makes a meaningful contribution to the regional economy. Through Knowledge Transfer Partnerships we provide academic and professional expertise to help organisations improve profitability and efficiency. Our Corporate Executive Development Centre also works with more than 700 business leaders and managers offering learning experiences that enable significant and sustainable change.
Points of Distinction
- Recognised by Times Higher Education as one of the top-rated universities for the provision of business and management education in the UK. (Times Higher Education supplement 2013)
- Relationships with 16 professional business associations or institutions, including: AAT, ACCA, AIA, CILT UK, CIMA, CIM, CIPD, CIPS, LCGI, CMI, ICAEW, ITT.*
- Part of an elite group of less than 1% of business schools worldwide, following accreditation by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) in business and accounting – the first in Europe to gain the double accreditation. Founded in 1916, AACSB International is the longest serving global accrediting body for business schools that offer undergraduate, master's, and doctoral degrees in business and accounting.
- Accreditation by Educational Planning and Assessment (EPAS) for 18 undergraduate programmes, more than any Business school in the UK. EPAS is part of the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD) accreditation programme – the leading international management development network.
- £70 million iconic state-of-the-art city centre campus in Newcastle, offering an outstanding learning environment.
- Student Engagement Centre supporting student employability through learning experiences such as volunteering, placements and internships
- Bloomberg Trading Suite giving students hands-on experience of real-world finance and access to real-time data – one of only a handful of universities with this facility and the first university north of London
- Entrepreneurial Business Management degree launched with students setting up and running their own businesses. (Northumbria named fourth best university in Sir Andrew Witty’s 2013 Review of Universities and Growth for establishing start-up companies in the UK.)
- Knowledge Transfer Partnerships providing academic and professional expertise from Newcastle Business School to help organisations significantly improve profitability and efficiency.
- Corporate and Executive Development Centre working with over 700 leaders and managers offering learning experiences that enable significant and sustainable change.
- Strong international focus with more than 3,400 campus-based international students across the university, including around 950 currently studying at Newcastle Business School
Professional business bodies NBS has relationships with
AAT Association of Accounting Technicians
ACCA Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
AIA Association of International Accountants
CILT UK Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (UK)
CIMA Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
CIM Chartered Institute of Marketing
CIPD Chartered Institute of Professional Development
CIPS Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply
LCGI Licentiateship of the City and Guilds of London Institute
CMI Chartered Management Institute
EPAS Programme accreditation system to evaluate quality of any business or management programme with an international perspective
ICAEW Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales