The International Journal of Clinical Legal Education (IJCLE) and The Association of Canadian Clinical Legal Education (ACCLE) Conference
The Risks and Rewards of Clinic
University of Toronto, 10th- 12th July 2016
Our over-arching theme encourages participants to reflect on the balance between risk and reward for all the stakeholders in clinic. In particular, we would like to encourage participants to include student and other partners’ voices in their presentations, ideally through collaborative writing and presentation in person or through video calling or recordings.
Presentations at IJCLE/ACCLE can take one of three formats, each with its own structured proposal application form:
- Paper presentation
These will be in traditional conference paper format, with a twenty minute presentation followed by questions.
- Interactive seminar
These sessions will be 90 minutes long, will involve active participation from the audience as well as input from the presenters and will be designed to generate discussion and new learning for the participants and the convenors.
These 90 minute sessions will consist of collaborative presentations around a common theme from at least three institutions and input from an independent discussant
- Call for papers, seminars and symposia opens – September 1, 2015
- Call for papers, seminars and symposia closes – December 1, 2015
- Confirmation of papers, seminars and symposia accepted for the conference – rolling through November and no later than December 1, 2015
- Registration opens – December 1, 2015
- Early-bird registration closes -- April 30, 2016
- Registration closes – June 30, 2016
- Deadline for submission of papers and outlines to website. – June 1, 2016
Please note: submission of proposals has now closed. Register for the conference here.