From first year through to final year and beyond graduation, our Careers and Employment Service is here to help. We want you to achieve your ambitions and make the most of your experiences, develop your skills and manage your future career.
The Careers and Employment website details the help we provide to give your career the edge.
We will help you to:
- Plan your career. Confidential one-to-one support to enable you to focus your career plans, enhance your employability and work towards application success.
- Find a job. Sign up to JobsOnline and discover part-time jobs and volunteer roles that build your work experience and enhance your employability. Search from thousands of opportunities, which include graduate jobs and internships, in the North East, the rest of the UK and worldwide.
- Meet employers on campus. Introduce yourself to potential employers at one of the many employer visits or fairs held throughout the year. Organisations targeting Northumbria students and graduates include Accenture, Hewlett-Packard, Procter & Gamble, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, the NHS and Ward Hadaway.
- Get ahead with the tools for success. Exclusive access to resources on our eLearning Portal that help you to explore career choices, discover what’s involved in job roles and provide information on how to master applications and improve performance at interview.
- Become a global graduate with support on finding opportunities to work and study overseas.
We understand the demands on your time, the need to study, earn while you learn and have some free time. As a Northumbria student, make sure you get the most out of your Careers and Employment Service so that you stand out from the crowd, for help and support come and talk to us.