Skip navigation

Police Registration

As an international student studying at Northumbria, there are some things you need to do to ensure your stay in the UK runs smoothly.  Some international students are required to register with the Police and, if you do not do so, this could affect your right to stay in the UK.

To find out if you need to register with the Police, you can check your visa/BRP card or click on the link to see if your country is listed:

For more information, see our Registering with the Police leaflet.

Once you’ve registered, it’s very important to keep your Police Registration Certificate up-to-date. This means you must notify the Police of any changes.

Our Welfare, Immigration and Funding Advisers are here to help and to answer any questions you may have.  If you have any concerns or require more information, please e-mail us: or call: 0191 227 4127.


Latest News and Features

More news

Back to top